Sunday 6 May 2012

Ahoy!

So this week I spent two days putting a lot of effort into a fabulous sailor girl costume for my best friends Kats 19th birthday party at the Underground nightclub in Dundee.I thought I would share the magical process with you.
 Bought a cheep tank top with frills from Primark and added ribbon, braid a bow and a button in traditional sailor colours- red,white, blue and gold.
 Full circle net skirt, attach a gathered net frill all around the edge.
 Top layer, baby blue full circle skirt.
 Bonda webbed some gold satin, don't peel off the paper back  because you can trace your motif onto it and then cut them out. Position them where you want them on the skirt then iron on, I threaded parcel string though my anchors like sailor rope! so cute!
 Anchors on, blue layer pined to red net layer, I will make a cream version of the red layer and pin that on too underneath the red. the waist band is going to be made of super thick ribbon folded over with thick elastic running through it.

So here is the finished look, I absolutely love it and I think it might be my favourite costume I have made so far.Hope I have inspired you all to give it a go for your next fancy dress party.



     

No comments:

Post a Comment